(project found in Mollie Makes magazine, issue #37 February 2014)
You will need: pen, scissors, sewing needle, black thread
1) Using enclosed pattern, cut 2 body pieces in green felt. You will want to make sure you conserve your green felt – there is just enough to make the body if you plan ahead and economize.
2) Using enclosed pattern, cut 2 each of the spikes in light gray. (6 total spines)
You will decorate/stitch just one layer of green felt body:
3) Using your own needle plus pearl buttons and embroidery thread enclosed, stitch eyes in place.
4) Using color embroidery thread and needle, stitch “scales” onto the dinosaur’s side (random placement works fine).
5) Using black embroidery thread and needle, stitch smile in place.
6) Using black thread and needle, stitch spine pieces to your dinosaur’s back, spacing them as you like.
7) Using black thread and needle, stitch back to front of dinosaur, stuffing it with fiberfill when you are approximately ¾ complete.
8) Finish stitching the back of dinosaur to the front.