White Bean Soup
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
This easy White Bean Soup is loaded with fresh veggies and will keep you cozy all winter. It’s freezer friendly too, so don’t forget to freeze some for later!
Course: SoupCuisine: American, MediterraneanServings: 6 servingsCalories: 288
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢1 small yellow onion, diced
- ▢1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into coins
- ▢3 stalks celery, sliced
- ▢1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ▢4 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢6 cups low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ▢1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ▢1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ▢1 bay leaf
- ▢2 cans (15.5 ounces, each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- ▢1 cup (from a can) corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- ▢2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ▢Grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- ▢Toasted bread slices, for serving (optional)
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a 6 quart Dutch oven or stockpot.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and parsley to the heated oil; cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add vegetable broth; stir in salt, pepper, dried oregano and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn kernels; continue to cook for 5 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper; adjust accordingly.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with toasted bread slices.
Copyright 2020 Diethood (Katerina Petrovska).