How Do I Obtain a Library Card?
- Bring in a government issued photo ID, such as a license, that has your current address
- Bring a secondary proof of address like a utility bill if address on ID is incorrect
- IT’S FREE
How Long May I Borrow Materials?
- DVDs and Music CDs- 3 DVDs/CDs per patron for 1 week, with 3 renewals.
- Books- All books may be borrowed for 4 weeks with up to 3 renewals
- Audiobooks- may be borrowed for 4 weeks with up to 3 renewals
- Magazines- Magazines may be borrowed for 1 week with 3 renewals
- ALL MATERIALS MAY BE HELD FOR UP TO ONE WEEK FOR PICKUP
What are the Overdue Fees?
- Books/Audiobooks/Magazines- $0.10 per day
- DVD/CD- $0.50 per day
- Fax- $1.00 per page to send
- Black&White – Copy/Print $0.25 per page
- Color – Print Only $0.50 per page
May I Access the Internet?
- The internet is free for anyone to use
- Patrons up to the age of 18 who wish to use the internet when their parent or guardian is not with them, need a signed library card registration form on file that provides internet access
- Patrons are restricted to 90 mins of computer use per day
- For complete internet policy please contact the Library
Does the Library Accept Donations of Books?
- The Schuylerville Public Library is not accepting donations at this time due to space restrictions.
On Which Holidays Does the Library Close?
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- We reserve the right to close the library if there is inclement weather